Last week we did an exercise where we compiled a list of 20 things that would blow our minds if they actually happened. (Our homework is to grow this list to 40, so stay tuned.) For more on this exercise and the resulting writing, click here. Below is my list of 20 Things That Would Blow My Mind If They Actually Happened.
1. Alien contact with Earth
2. The discovery of life on another planet
3. If it rained multicolored rain
4. If my mother had another baby
5. Running into someone I know in a foreign (to the U.S. or country I'm living in) country
6. If I had a baby without knowing I was pregnant the whole time
7. Discovering I'm a twin
8. Seeing a deceased member of my family
9. Dying, seeing a glimpse of what comes next, and coming back to life
10. The scientific discovery of "God"
11. If my chair (any chair I'm on) started broadcasting radio waves
12. Swimming with whales
13. Finding out I'm actually carrying male sex organs internally
14. Learning I'm actually adopted
15. Waking up in the past
16 Receiving a large sum of money in the mail from an unknown sender
17. Inexplicably knowing another language that I hadn't studied
18. Hearing other people's thoughts
19.Having dreams that accurately predict the future
20. Biting into an apple and finding a diamond
I will post a part two with the remaining 20 by next week. Click here for some writing I did using multicolored rain as a prompt. Though it's a bit strange, and I didn't quite get to the rain yet. I'll keep you posted :)
Chicago-born citizen of the globe, rich in the things that really matter. Let's get weird.