1. The mountains: anytime, anywhere but my favorite are the Appalachian Mountains! (Home)
2. The sounds rivers make.
3. When it's so dark at night and the stars are so bright!
- April Parks
1. People, people are magical to me, they are the ultimate variables in a society defined by rules. They are easily the best and worst thing about this world.
2. Laughter, the joy that one receives from hearing or telling a joke is incredible.
3. When video games are used to tell a story, when it's done well, the level of immersion is unparalleled.
- Munnawar Hashim
There are loads! But here are the three I settled on:
1. A child's laughter - the purest sound on earth.
2. The smell of petrichor after the rain in the chill of an early autumn evening.
3. Music. To me music is magic. We were making music before we could talk. It represents humanity simultaneously at its most primal and its most sophisticated and there is not a day goes by when I don't practise gratitude for the fact that I can draw from this magical well.
- Mikey Collings
I feel magic wandering aimlessly in a place I’ve just arrived for the first time, in a rare moment of authentic connection and when everything is spread out before me, in unrealized potential.
- Cati Vanden Breul
1. Ice cold lemonade on a hot day
2. The vibrations of a people in unity
3. Genuine laughter/smiles that reach the eyes
- Esther Milanzi
1. The ocean (it was incredible this weekend); 2. The moon (I mean, duh, it controls the ocean); 3. Obviously, we can't forget about gravity then!! So I ended up with, you know, the universe is magic. Those cosmos.
- Christine Iversen
How magical are books that spark endless worlds of imagination, friendships that set reality ablaze, and cups of coffee that brighten each morning.
- Megan Farmer
- Anthony Catalano
1. Thailand! The wildlife, beaches and islands ...
2. My students! I love their energy, innocence, kindness and sense of fun!
3. Food! Pretty much any combination of cheese, tomatoes and carbs = heaven to me!
- Sonya Audet
1. Sunsets in Thailand
2. Falling in love with someone
3. Lucky Charms. They're magically delicious!
- Kathy Iversen
Check out some of the submissions for our first-ever monthly challenge. Have you been writing and want to post to the blog? Shoot us a message!